Saturday, January 31, 2009

photo 31



When I straighten the downstairs, I put all of the kids' things on the stairs in individual piles. Generally each pile takes up over half of a step...thereby making it difficult to navigate around them...yet somehow the piles are invisible to my kids. They will avoid the piles for hours...days...probably weeks if I would let them. We have the following conversation on a daily basis...
-
Me: (insert kid name here) take your pile upstairs and put everything away.
Kid: What pile?
Me: The pile on the stairs.
Kid: Which stair?
Me The one with the mound of your belongings on it.
Kid: Ooohhh...thaaat pile. I didn't see it.
Me: You practically broke your neck stumbling over it when you came down a few minutes ago. How could you not see it?
Kid: I thought that was (insert sibling here)'s stuff.

1 comment:

  1. That's our routine too...we've migrated to covering the entire stairs and yet Brandon STILL will step over THREE stairs to avoid carrying anything up. Today - the pile landed in a heap at the bottom of the stairs so that it was easy for Cooper to get to. I just kept saying...Coop has (insert item here) in his mouth...hope it wasn't important! :) They eventually got the picture. UGH>

    ReplyDelete