Saturday, February 28, 2009

photo 59






Forrest requested Renee's Mountain Dew cake for his brithday. All of the ingredients were purchased yesterday. A last minute run to Target for a bundt pan was made last night. After I placed the ake in the oven this morning, I began to prepare the glaze...and relaized that I had failed to buy lemon extract and coconut extract. I had 24 minutes to get to Publix, buy the extracts and get back home to finish the glaze that "must be poured over the cake immediately after it is removed from the oven".
-
I made a split second decision to turn into FoodLion because it approximately 3 minutes closer to my house...thus saving me a total of 6 minutes. I should have known better...seriously, who shops at FoodLion. How are they still in business?
-
Of course they do not stock coconut extract...so I bought the lemon, raced home, and substituted vanilla extract for coconut...with 2 minutes to spare. I am going to let the cake sit over night...cross your fingers that the vanilla substitue didn't screw up the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment