Saturday, March 21, 2009

photo 80



Hannah and Cammie found the ginormous box of Play-Doh that I had craftily hidden in the upper most corner of the closet...beneath extra linens and a box labled "hand-me-downs". One whiff from the first canister opened sent me spiraling back to childhood...when my mom would hide the Play-Doh because it was "messy", it "dried out too quickly", and "could become matted in the carpet". My Grandma would always let me play with Play-Doh at her house though. She would lay down wax paper and let me use her butter knives and cookie cutters.
-
When I first realized what Hannah held in her hands, my first reflex was to make excuses as to why it wouldn't be a good idea to "drag it out". Once I remembered how I felt when I was given the laundry list of reasons why I couldn't play with the smelly goodness that is Play-Doh, I relented. Out came the wax paper and butter knives...and an hour later, before I could take a picture, they had dismantled their masterpieces and put away the canisters...without mixing the colors I might add.

No comments:

Post a Comment